CFN believes that our communities are enriched when it respects and welcomes all people. We are therefore committed to ensuring that, wherever possible, people supported by CFN:
- have access to the same places as the rest of the community;
- receive support in community settings alongside other members of the community;
- have the opportunity to socialise and build relationships with members of the wider community;
- are provided with open pathways for skill development and self-reliance.
CFN’s Social and Community support service will support you to:
- engage in physical activities (e.g. sporting/recreational groups);
- attend educational and/or learning centers (e.g. TAFE, PCYC);
- be a part of their preferred church, group or club;
- attend community events;
- participate in leisure and hobby activities at local venues;
- explore work and volunteer opportunities and provide support to meet those commitments;
CFN will also assist you to explore available options by:
- providing you with information on local community services and events
- assisting you with introductions to community services of your choice
If you would like to know more about CFN’s services please get in touch with us here.