As an approved Host Provider, CFN can assist you with transitioning towards the NDIS and beyond.
Although the NDIS will not roll out in the Moreton Bay region until January, 2019 there is much families can do to ensure they are ready for the scheme and CFN’s aim is to support families to be prepared by:
- Keeping you abreast of important information related to the NDIS roll out in Queensland
- Linking you with informative events and workshops
- Helping you navigate the new language and system adopted by the NDIS
- Helping you to understand how the new system will be different from the current system
- Assisting you to work on your participant statement – links for adults and children participant statements.
- Encouraging you to dream big and think about the possibilities under this new system.
- Assisting you with facilitated PATH planning and or setting up a support circle
- Providing you with links to useful resources to help you prepare for the NDIS-
CFN is excited by the possibilities the NDIS will bring to people with disabilities and for those who care for them. The fundamental principles on which the NDIS is based aligns with CFN’s vision and values.
One of the most exciting aspects of the NDIS is that people with disability will not only be assessed for reasonable and necessary support but also for support to enable you to participate more fully in social and economic life.
Why this is important.
For too long people with disabilities have been the recipients of a welfare model of support where self development and social and economic participation were mostly not possible due to limited resources. Most funding was aimed at providing personal care and for carers to have a break through a respite model. This is set to change and CFN can help you to understand these changes.
For more information about the NDIS and your particular circumstances or how CFN can assist you, please contact us here.