CFN prides itself on being family focused and community connected. We are committed to the principles of inclusion and believe that our community is enriched when it welcomes all people. Our aim, therefore, is to actively work towards a better community for all, by promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities in all areas of mainstream life.
We believe in offering a service that:
- Has a strong and respectful partnership with a person with a disability, their family and/or carer and the wider community;
- Acknowledges that every family and/or carer has a need for ‘time-out’;
- Encourages people with a disability, their family and/or carer to exercise choice and control;
- Promotes dignity, respect, privacy, confidentiality and accountability;
- Provides good planning;
- Provides access to all people without discrimination;
- Allows a person with a disability, their family and/or carer to raise concerns without recriminations;
- Assists a person with a disability, their family and/or carer to develop meaningful social and civic engagement.